Have you been wondering what is #peacejam and how to join?
To “jam” for peace is to improvise peacebuilding without extensive preparation or predefined arrangements, but to develop new ideas and ways of doing things spontaneously with the energy coming from the creative interaction of the participants. At #defyhatenow we jam for peace on the United Nations International Day of Peace on the 21 September.
The UN General Assembly has declared this as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, through observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire. Conflict mitigation is a continuous effort so we work towards a cohesive society and strengthening the ideals of peace every day.
In the past years joining us started with adding a frame on your Facebook profile picture from an already created Facebook frame and one could easily do it on their own. Facebook frames are not as easy to create anymore so we took matters in our own hands and are doing it for you. If you want to do it by yourself, on this link are instructions on how to;
1. Post about the #peacejam using #PeaceJam2022 #FightingAgainistRacism #CheckYourPrivilege
3. Use our online material to start a conversation in your workplace, home, school or community.
4. Share about the #peacejam2022 in your circles; family friends, colleagues and community.
5. Register in advance to attend the #peacejam on this link: #PeaceJam2022 Pre-Registration Link
6. Attend the #peacejam Day Live on the 21st of September, 2022