Through a grant provided by the European Union, this conflict transformation collaboration is being enabled to keep the conversations going, develop resources, and support local activist peace-oriented media-based activities. We’re currently looking to fill the role of Finance/Logistics Administrator to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where we have an exciting project on mobilising civic and digital action to counter social media hate speech and online incitement to violence in Ethiopia.
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with community groups and internal teams to deliver results as planned .
- Be self-driven and diligent in your roles.
- Be fluent in English (written and spoken). Must be fluent in either Amhara, Tigrinya or Afaan Oromo.
- Have a university degree in a relevant field and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have at least 3 years working experience in a context related to the job.
- Having worked on an EU-funded project will be an added advantage.
As the Finance/Logistics Administrator, you will work closely with our team “remotely and locally” to manage the financial and logistical aspects of the project.
You will perform various financial tasks and administrative duties. You will also track project expenditures and ensure they align with approved budgets. You will maintain project documentation and handle financial queries. Ultimately, the Finance/Logistics Administrator’s duties are to maintain accurate records of project-related expenses and supporting documentation.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Process invoices, expense claims, and other financial transactions.
- Maintain financial records and documentation in compliance with organisational and EU policies and procedures.
- Support the preparation of financial reports and statements.
- Prepare project budgets and monitor expenditures to ensure adherence to financial guidelines.
- Support financial reporting and provide accurate financial information to relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with finance and administrative teams to manage project finances effectively.
- Assist in financial audits and ensure adherence to financial regulations and donor requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports to donors.
- Prepare cash flow projections and coordinate with the finance team to manage cash disbursements.
- Monitor project cash flow and ensure sufficient funds are available for project activities.
Logistics and Administration
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and services required for the project, maintain records of procurement activities, and manage supplier contracts.
- Maintain an inventory of project assets.
- Ensure proper allocation and utilisation of project assets.
- Coordinate asset maintenance and repair activities as required.
- Arrange travel logistics for project staff, consultants, and stakeholders.
- Coordinate accommodation and transportation arrangements for project-related events, workshops, and meetings.
- Monitor travel expenses and ensure compliance with project and organisational policies.
- Coordinate the logistics of project activities, including venue booking, equipment setup, and resource allocation.
- Provide general administrative support to the project team.
- Maintain project files, records, and documentation.
- Assist in preparing project-related correspondence and communications.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure compliance with organisational and EU policies and procedures related to finance and logistics.
- Identify and mitigate logistical and financial risks.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of risk management strategies.
This is a time-limited task-oriented engagement, funded until September 15, 2025. If you are the person we are looking for, please send us your Curriculum Vitae/Resume, Cover Letter and fee expectation to [email protected]. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.