Defy Hate Now is an organization that works on providing data-driven solutions to the problem of hate speech, disinformation, and misinformation in South Sudan and now around Africa. Our work focuses on creating a framework for increasing trust between stakeholders through mobilizing civic action against all forms of hate speech and incitement to violence.
We seek to support those voices acting against the conflict to go ‘viral’ within and outside the country by bringing youth, community leaders, grassroots organization and stakeholder into the online peacebuilding framework, bridging gaps of knowledge and awareness of social media mechanisms between those with access to technology and those without.
Defy Hate Now is looking for a passionate and skillful South Sudanese to occupy the position of a paid Communication Intern based in our Juba office with a possibility of travel to other states in South Sudan.
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Duration: 3 Months
Type of employment: Paid internship
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Mass Communication, Public Relations, or any related field. Diploma graduates within the same fields can also apply.
- Have good communication skills (English and Arabic )
- Be able to manage and coordinate events (Workshops, training, and public events )
- Understand Social Media platforms and digital media strategy.
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Be self-driven and diligent
As the Communications Intern, you will work closely with our team to communicate the organization’s work to beneficiaries and partners, this will include but not limited to
- Conducting interviews with beneficiaries and project participants
- Managing Social Media Accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube )
- Data gathering and analysis
- Attending events and public functions on behalf of the organization
- Writing blog posts and press releases
- Monitor online reactions to Defy Hate Now’s content and generate weekly statistics from all Social Media platforms
- Perform any other tasks that might be assigned in relation to the work scope communications intern
If you are the person we are looking for sending us your Curriculum Vitae/Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] before 3rd October 2019.